CommerceHQ Review | CommerceHQ vs Shopify
What is CommerceHQ?
CommerceHQ is an eCommerce platform that is used by online businesses to launch their online stores and dropship products. It is known by many as one of the best eCommerce platforms that can help you get more sales, revenue, and profit for your online businesses.
CommerceHQ is one of the best options to consider for eCommerce entrepreneurs. Although most people usually use Shopify and other more famous services for their eCommerce businesses, some are starting to switch over to CommerceHQ because of the great features that it offers!
How Does CommerceHQ Work?
Commerce HQ works similar to Shopify, but it has a few improved solutions that are more polished. CommerceHQ was initially designed with the primary focus to create stores that could be immediately marketable. Although Shopify has several options onboard that can improve advertising and marketing efforts, the main focus of CommerceHQ is to have smooth marketability from the very beginning.
The apps that are included are all programmed to get more visitors and getting quick sales. The developers studied a chain of Shopify reviews and wanted to build a platform where customers could increase their costs without any problems and garnering more visitors.
Comparison With Shopify
In this article, we will discuss everything you need to know about CommerceHQ, and compare it side-by-side with Shopify.
First, let’s compare the transaction and monthly fees of both CommerceHQ and Shopify.
Unlike Shopify, CommerceHQ has zero transaction fees. In fact, they never charge any processing fees ever.
Shopify does charge transaction fees if you do not use their payment method. However, if you use their payment method, you will not be charged any fees.
In conclusion, if you want to work on an eCommerce platform that does not charge any transaction fee, CommerceHQ is the better choice.
CommerceHQ’s “Startup” starting plan costs $99 per month, which is a higher price than Shopify. But what you need to think about is that this entry price grants you free access to all of the apps within the AppStore.
With Shopify, on the other hand, you will need to pay vast sums of money for many necessary apps to optimize your Shopify shop. CommereHQ’s plan additionally limits your sales to $30K per month. If you plan on going over that variety, you may have to choose “Pro” or “Enterprise” plans. They are even more expensive, with the Pro plan’s cost starting at $299.
However, you can get a free 14- day trial version of CommerceHQ if you want to give it a try before paying.
Now for Shopify, it has a much more affordable payment plan starting at $29 per month for the basic version. You can get further discounts by purchasing the yearly plan, with the monthly price going down to $26, which is relatively cheap for the features that Shopify has to offer.
Additionally, if you choose the monthly payment system, you can upgrade and downgrade your payment plan any time you want. Just like CommerceHQ, Shopify also provides a free 14-day trial run.
Pros and Cons
Next, let’s go over some of the pros and cons of both CommerceHQ and Shopify.
Pros of CommerceHQ:
- FREE Built-In Apps: It provides an extensive collection of built-in apps that are free to use, and some happen to be very helpful!
- Easy To Use: Provides a very easy-to-use drag-and-drop store builder. It also provides a very user-friendly and intuitive interface.
- No Transaction Fee: As discussed earlier, CommerceHQ does not charge any transaction or processing fee. This is a massive plus, considering a lot of commerce platforms do set some kind of fee.
- Accordion-Style Menu Display: The accordion-style menu layout really does help with conversions. Accordion is a graphical control element comprising a vertically stacked list of items, such as labels or thumbnails, making the user experience even smoother.
Cons of CommerceHQ:
- Expensive Monthly Fee: The starting payment plan costs $99 per month. While the other two plans, “Pro” and “Enterprise” cost, even more, starting at $299 per month. This is more expensive than some of its competitors.
- No Mobile Application: At the time of writing this, CommerceHQ is available on the Web only. There is no mobile application available yet.
- Poor Customer Support System: CommerceHQ still uses the outdated ticket-based support system, which most eCommerce platforms stopped using long ago. Not only that, but it has no phone support as well, which makes the customer communication experience even worse.
Pros of Shopify:
- High-Conversion Rate: The conversion rate is very high for most themes on Shopify.
- Easy To Use: Shopify is straightforward to use and easy to set up.
- Massive Collection Of Themes: Shopify provides an enormous collection of shop designs and templates.
- Flexible Customization: Provides flexible customization and lets you code your own templates.
- Affordable Monthly Fee: The monthly fee is as low as $30. It is a good entry price that allows for better scaling for all types of stores.
- Good Customer Support: Shopify’s customer support experience is really great. Their 24/7 support facility can be contacted by phone, online chat, or email.
- Incredible App Store: Their app store has many useful applications that can significantly help you get more sales.
Cons of Shopify:
- Transaction Fees: Unlike CommerceHQ, Shopify does have a transaction fee if you do not use their payment method.
- No Reports: Professional reports are not included as part of the Basic Plan.
- App Costs: Some necessary applications may not be free, and you have to pay additional costs to get them.
CommerceHQ is a really good option to consider for online entrepreneurs. It is highly recommended, especially for those new to online stores. It is straightforward to use and provides a very user-friendly interface. It also has no transaction fee whatsoever. When compared to Shopify, it is evident that both eCommerce platforms have their fair share of pros and cons.
As we discussed the pros and cons of both CommerceHQ and Shopify, it really just depends upon your requirements to choose between the two and decide which platform suits you the best. Both options are extremely viable for starting up your business!