Table of Contents
So your dropshipping store is going from strength to strength. Your social media marketing campaign along with a great looking storefront is pulling in visitors and converting into sales.
However, you are burning the midnight oil, working every hour, and can’t seem to get ahead.
So along with wondering whether to get a VA to take the evening shift, you might be thinking can I automate dropshipping?
In this article we are going to find out the answer and if you can automate dropshipping, how to automate dropshipping, mistakes to avoid, and more! Let’s begin with the quick takeaway before we get into the details.
How can I automate dropshipping? With an eCommerce dropshipping store. You can automate product listings, pricing editing, inventory management, customer email, and promotional campaigns, order fulfillment, monitor inventory levels, create templates for sales orders, and more by using automation software available.
Let’s find right into the details and find out how you can automate dropshipping.
So we can give a little background on the subject to help you more fully understand how to begin automated dropshipping, let’s first start by looking at why you should consider automating your dropshipping business.
Why automate dropshipping?
The success of your business at the beginning is firmly on your shoulders, but you’re only human after all and there are only 24 hours in a day. But the goal many people started dropshiping in the first place was to live a more relaxing life.
As most dropshippers and Shopify store owners understand, the most precious resource you have is unquestionably time. At the beginning of your venture, the success of your dropshipping, eCommerce, or Shopify store is down to you.
Right from managing the inventory, the marketing and advertising, social media posts and even accounting processes pile up while you wade through each process.
So how can automate your Shopify or eCommerce store help set you on the road to success?
As most dropshippers and Shopify store owners understand, the
most precious resource you have is unquestionably time.
How can automating dropshipping help me?
- Saves time Automation frees you up to focus your efforts on growing and scaling your business.
- Easier order fulfillment process Dropshipping automation software will allow you to place orders from suppliers in a much faster way.
- Manage your inventory An automated software system can connect directly to your suppliers and monitor inventory levels. So if stocks of a product have run out, that product will automatically be listed as unavailable on your own website and any other marketplaces you sell on.
- Avoiding mistakes By using automated dropshipping software which is set up for automating eCommerce stores such as Shopify, you will be able to maintain a higher level of accuracy and avoid costly mistakes.
“Automation frees you up to focus your efforts
on growing and scaling your business.”
Ok so we’ve seen why it might be an advantage to automate some of your dropshipping activities, let’s drill down into what exactly dropshipping automation is.
What is dropshipping automation?
Let’s look below and find out…
- Using technology Automated dropshipping is using technology to do tasks that you’d usually have to do manually when running a dropshipping business
- Available Apps Since dropshipping has become more popular there are more Apps available that you can add to your automation arsenal.
- Minimize repetitive tasks The purpose of automation is to minimize the number of repetitive tasks you have to do, so you can focus on what’s most important.
- Free software Dropship automation is typically achieved by utilizing Apps and software, many of which are free, that are designed to do specific jobs to free up more of your precious time.
- Real-time help There are also ways of automating your business that doesn’t depend on technology, such as hiring contractors, freelancers, and virtual assistants to complete menial tasks.
Although it is of course useful to your business to automate as much as you can of manual processes, it’s still important you keep an overview and make sure your business still has a personal touch for marketing and customer service purposes.
Automated dropshipping is using technology to do tasks that you’d
usually have to do manually when running a dropshipping business
So you might be wondering what kind of tasks you can automate? Let’s take a look below and find out.
What you can automate for dropshipping store
- Adding products you can edit product details including title, description and images, and import to store automatically
- Pricing Instead of manually setting prices for all your products, what you can do is create global pricing rules that can automatically alter the price of the products for you
- Order fulfillment The templates will auto-populate when an order is received on whatever marketplaces or shopping carts you use. It’ll then be forwarded to your supplier.
- Email You can create automated emails for order confirmation, abandoned checkout, refunded orders, canceled orders, and more
- Promotions Run automated email campaigns for holiday promotions
- Inventory levels Unpublish out-of-stock products
- Product research Find winning products at the touch of a button
- Fully automate tracking Shipment tracking automatically updates your sales channels with shipping and tracking details from your supplier.
- Social media With a social media scheduling tool, you can schedule posts for every day of the week or any time you like so you never forget to post that meme picture that your customers would love to see.
- Reporting reports enable you to monitor your performance and sales so you can evaluate profits and execute strategies.
So now you’ve seen some of the ways automating your drop shipping processes can save you time and a wealth of other benefits, you might be wondering whether this an automation App recommended by Shopify and if there is a simple and trustworthy day of automating your product listings.
Let’s take a look.
Shopify’s automation Apps
If you run a Shopify, WooCommerce or any dropshipping store, you may explore the official App store to access the Apps you need.
In terms of order fulfillment, HyperSKU is definitely the App for dropshippers to consider. It provides quality products from factories and automates fulfillment process with just a few clicks. Dropshippers checks incoming orders once a day, and make bulk payment to HyperSKU for the orders. Then HyperSKU will start to process them and sync tracking numbers back to store automatically. Nothing gets delayed during the process.
On top of that, HyperSKU also comes with pricing editing and import function, to make dropshipping as streamlined as possible.
So there it is! Now you can see how automating your Shopify or another eCommerce store will help your business become profitable by giving you more time to enjoy your downtime
Sit back and let answering emails, running ads, tracking orders, stock check, customer service, manually sending newsletters, etc, be taken care of by hardworking software programs that take the headache out of your daily processes.
Dropshipping automation helps you make money online while still having time for the things you enjoy!